Airtel is one of the best telecom companies in the country. If you are planning to buy a new Airtel connection, you can go ahead with no second thought. However, the confusion that troubles many people is whether to choose a prepaid connection or a postpaid connection. While prepaid offers plenty of benefits such as flexibility and attractive packages, postpaid plans have become increasingly affordable so that you can easily manage your mobile expenses. Here we have mentioned some of the benefits of converting your prepaid to a postpaid
- You have to visit Airtel’s website and hover on the prepaid tab.
- There, you will find the option “Switch prepaid to postpaid” in the prepaid drop down.
- Once you click on the option, you will be directed to the postpaid plans page.
- You have to choose a plan that suits your need and click on the buy option.
- Upon doing this, you have to provide your current prepaid mobile number as well as provide your city and house/flat number for the doorstep KYC.
- You will receive a call from Airtel for verification and scheduling the delivery of your free SIM card.
- Once you receive the SIM card, you can activate it using the instructions on the SIM card pack.
- The migration takes up to 72 hours with virtually zero downtime and usually happens at midnight to avoid any inconvenience.
There are several benefits of switching to the Airtel postpaid connection. Here are the top advantages.
- Fixed Plans: As you take a postpaid plan, you will have a fixed fee to pay every month. On the other hand, prepaid plans sometimes change without any notification to the users. There fore, using a postpaid connection will help you to have a budget thatwill not spillover.
- Better Benefits: With postpaid plans, come better benefits. The Airtel Thanks Rewards are better in Airtel postpaid plans than in prepaid plans. From having access to Airtel Xstream to Amazon Prime Video, there are several things that you will be able to enjoy with a postpaid connection and plan.
- Unlimited Calls: Although you will get this benefit in some of the prepaid plans, no matter which postpaid plan you take, the local as well as STD calls will be unlimited for you. This means, you can talk to your near and dear ones for hours and you will not have to worry about the call getting disconnected in midst of an important conversation.
- Data Rollover: If the data of your plan is not used in any month, the leftover data can be carried forward and used in the next month. This way, you can utilize all your data without getting anything wasted.
- Family Plans: There are Airtel postpaid family plans, which will enable you to add your family members to one plan. This is cost-saving and you can enjoy all the additional benefits at the same time.
Airtel postpaid comes with a lot of benefits. If you have not switched yet, you can consider taking a look at the plans and check if any of them suits your requirements. You can visit the prepaid to postpaid migration page here: https://www.airtel.in/myplan-infinity/