Ageing – the inevitable consequence of life that we all dread but can’t avoid. Fine lines and wrinkles are universal signs of ageing.
Though a few can add character to your face, most of us try our best to avoid these signs.
It is impossible for us to reverse the process of ageing. But we can definitely try to slow the process of the appearance of eye bags and wrinkles or make them look at least a bit less prominent.
What can be done to avoid wrinkles?
How your skin ages can be determined by the genetics to a great extent. This is known as ageing. Even if the family comes with a skin that tends to wrinkle fast, there is a lot for you to do still.
Here are some tips and tricks that will help you prevent the wrinkles as much as possible. Just take a look.
Keep Yourself Hydrated
This is the first and foremost thing that you need to do. Water makes upto over 60% of your body and if you do not consume enough water it is unlikely that you will get beautiful skin easily
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water to keep the skin hydrated
- To avoid depriving your skin from water carry a bottle of water no matter where you go
- Opt for the coconut water. It is healthier than the aerated drinks that leads to the release of toxins in the body causing the breakouts
Stay Protected from the Sun
Exposure to the sun can end up damaging the skin leading to premature wrinkles and ageing. Regular use of sunscreen can slow down the process of skin ageing. For protecting the skin from the sun’s damaging UV rays, it is vital to apply the SPF of minimum 30 or over even if there is no sunshine on a particular day. The UV rays are capable of penetrating the clouds. So just because it is sunny, it does not mean that you can avoid the sunscreen. Wear the light-shaded clothing, wide-breamed hat and sunglasses for complete protection from the sun.
Go to Bed after Make-up Removal
You should always remove the build-up of sunscreen, make-up and sebum from your face prior to going to bed. If you do not do this, dullness, breakouts and even breakage of eyelashes can take place from the leftover make-up. If you are unlikely to clean up before hitting the bed, you can leave a pack of cleansing wipes that on the bedside. This way you can easily clean-up your face prior to sleeping.
Put the Moisturizer Every Day
Apply a moisturizer that boosts the production of elastin and collagen on a daily basis. Properly hydrate the skin to prevent the wrinkles and make it appear younger.
- Go for products that not just boost the elastin and collagen but make the face look youthful. This can be achieved by products like the hyaluronic acid and silicon. By reading the labels you can find the products. However, be aware that a majority of the companies do not keep upto the promises. So you must go through the online forums and reviews prior to purchasing a product.
- Even if the skin is oily, you should use a moisturizer. Just make sure that it is a non-oily product.
- To boost moisturization of the skin, you can use humidifier in the room.
Eat a Balanced Diet
A healthy meal is essential for a healthy and youthful skin. It must be enriched with the antioxidants and fatty acids. Increase the intake of fresh fruits like watermelons, oranges and pulses. Vegetables also assist to retain the glow of the skin.
Switch the Sleeping Position
Sleeping on the same side of the face or stomach pushes the face into your pillow for a prolonged period of time. This can result in more wrinkles and lines after a few years. The best way for preventing the skin wrinkles is by sleeping on the back. But if you do not find that to be comfortable you should alternate the facial sides that you sleep on every night. This will reduce the impact to a great extent.
Apart from the above, you should also use the best anti-wrinkle cream every night so that your skin retains its bouncy, beautiful nature year after year.