Java is a general-purpose, object-oriented, class-based programming language that is designed for having lesser implementation dependencies. It is the best computing platform for application development. Java is secure, fast, and reliable, and has abundant APIs. it is generally used for Java applications in data centers, laptops, scientific supercomputers, game consoles, cell phones, etc.
Java framework is a collection of programs that helps software developers to build and run Java programs and applications efficiently. There is an execution engine, a compiler, and a huge set of efficient libraries in it.
Did you know that Java runs on over 7 billion devices across the world, according to Oracle databases?
It is ranked as the top programming language by the TIOBE 2020 Popularity Index. It is the most preferred language by most organizations for building powerful projects. This is why there is a surge in professionals and students enrolling in Java training in Chennai, to have a bright career as Java Developer or Java Architect.
Java is used mainly for:
- It is used for developing most Android applications.
- Scientific computing applications
- Typically used for Big Data Analytics
- Helps in creating enterprise software
- Helps in server-side technologies such as JBoss, Apache, Glassfish, etc.
- Programming for Hardware devices
Some of the special features of Java are:
- Java is one of the simplest programming languages to learn object-oriented programming.
- Java is based on Object-Oriented programming where there are concepts of classes and objects and their related methods such as polymorphism, extraction, encapsulation, and abstraction.
- Java is platform-independent which means it allows you to Write Once, Run Anywhere.
- Java is a secure language.
- When you wish to develop robust applications, go with Java. It has strong storage management techniques and a garbage collector to discard the objects that are useless.
- Java is architecture-neutral. With Java Virtual Machine or JVM, you don’t have to worry about the platform on which you are writing your code.
- Java is fast.
- It supports multi-threaded programming which makes it a super-efficient language
When some technology gets popular, certain myths also develop around it. The same thing happened with Java. Let us look at some of the misconceptions that are spread across the world of software developers, and the related facts as well.
Myths and Misconceptions about Java
#1. Java Programs are slow
- This was correct only when Java was newly born. Now, when it is 16 years old, it has been acknowledged for its high performance. According to Statista, nearly 40% of developers use Java for building efficient and powerful applications.
- GUI components built in the swing are controlled from Java which eventually increases its portability and controls it within the Java program.
- This is why students across the world are looking for Java courses to have lucrative careers.
#2. Java is no longer relevant to the industry
- With the advent of new languages and events, people started believing that Java is no longer relevant to the industry. But this is not at all true. Java is the basic language that every developer is required to know and it is the most popular programming language used by almost 40% of developers across the world.
- Java forms the backbone of many new programming languages and this is the reason that many students and professionals are enrolling themselves in online training courses.
#3. Core Java is Not So Important
- Java finds applications in a wide range of projects across industries. It is core Java that forms the foundation of knowledge that eventually forms the base of your career in application development.
- If you wish to learn Java in-and-out you should first go with a Core Java course and then move to Advanced java courses.
#4. Java Developers don’t get jobs easily
- Today skilled and trained Java Developers are required all over the world. Did You know that it is one of the highest-paying jobs in software development and the one with Java Certification can make you earn USD 102,000 annually?
- Today there are 115211 jobs available in naukri.com for Java Developers in India. So how can this myth be true? In fact, this myth is not going to be true for a couple of decades.
#5. Java requires a web browser to run
- It is a well-known fact that Java is platform-independent. As a Java Developer, you might be knowing that there is an applet that runs inside a web browser. After you are done installing JVM (Java Virtual Machine), it can run on any web browser.
- Java has an integrated power of Compiled languages along with the flexibility of Interpreted language.
- Javac or Java compiler compiles the Java source code into the bytecode. This bytecode is then executed by the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) which is portable and can be executed on any system.
Java Developers are not struggling for jobs at all. Also, as a Java Developer, you don’t need to have one. You can develop your own applications and can go with freelancing work. It is not slow and is still in demand in the industry and is not going to go anywhere.
To learn Java, you can go with an online training course. The best part of some of the online courses is that you can learn at your own pace, at your own scheduled hours. Also, they provide an enterprise-class learning management system and 24*7 learners’ assistance. Doubt sessions are carried out by industry experts who ensure that there is no stone unturned in learning Java. Also, they provide career guidance at the end of the course.