DevOps is the simple short form for “Software Development” and “IT Operations” together. It is a set of practices that aim to bridge the gap between the two important wings of an organization by facilitating efficient communication. DevOps engineers act as mutual facilitators and develop solutions that integrate both Development and Operations in a company.
When a company delivers a software product, the major issues are related to either the quality of the software and its services, or the stability of the product. DevOps Engineers focus on delivering a quality-rich stable code within time. They also work on improving the Software Development Life Cycle.
Based on data from Business Wire, the global DevOps industry is expected to grow at a Cumulative Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 21% in the next five years upto 2026. The entire industry is expected to breach the $15 billion mark by this time. This exemplary growth is motivating students to pursue certificate courses in DevOps.
Since DevOps has a wide range of applications ranging from OTT platforms to Blockchain, students are also going for popular courses like a Blockchain Course in Mumbai. These courses are offered by various online ed-tech platforms like Simplilearn, Udemy, Coursera, etc. Recent graduates make the majority share among the students going for such courses. The average salary after a typical DevOps course in India ranges from ₹7-10 lakh in the beginning.
Let’s dive in deep to find out more about various components in your DevOps journey.
What is the Need for DevOps and What are Its Benefits?
DevOps technologies aim to remove the different silos in an organization and compel departments to work in an integrated manner. These practices reduce the Software Development Life Cycle, thus delivering an efficient product in a lesser time. Some of the key benefits of DevOps are:
- Faster Speed: DevOps engineers bridge the gap between IT Operations and Software Development, thus increasing workflow speed.
- Better Support: With a dedicated team working on maintaining product standards, there are quick security patches for bugs that might be discovered later on, along with regular security updates.
- Security: With DevOps, you can implement automated company policies, making your security invincible.
DevOps also offers many other benefits like Reliability and Efficiency.
Which are the Best DevOps Courses?
There are numerous DevOps courses in the market, both online and offline. Almost everyone prefers to go for an online course as they offer various benefits like Easy Accessibility, Comfort of Home, Time Flexibility, etc.
The table given below lists some of the top preferred DevOps certification courses, along with their specific details.
|Post Graduate Program in DevOps||Simplilearn + Caltech California||₹1,75,000+GST||9 months (5-10 hours/week)|
|Learn DevOps: Infrastructure Automation With Terraform||Udemy||₹2,560||11 hours|
|DevOps Certification Training Course||Edureka||₹17,995||Weekdays: 18 days |
Weekends: 6 weeks
|DevOps Certification Training |
(Including Docker and Kubernetes)
|Preparing for Google Cloud Certification: Cloud DevOps Engineer Professional Certificate||Coursera + Google Cloud Train ing||Not Available||3 months|
|DevOps Training Certificate||Intellipaat + IBM Future Skills||₹22,743||40 hours|
What are the Eligibility Criteria to Join a DevOps Course?
There are no such specific eligibility criteria that online course providers ask you to possess. However, specific skills are preferred to smooth your learning and make the best out of your course. The key things you should possess before joining a DevOps course are:
- A bachelor’s engineering degree in Computer Science or an allied field
- Basic coding and programming knowledge
- Experience with Cloud services
- Networking concepts
- Operating systems like Windows, macOS, Linux, etc.
What are the Popular DevOps Tools?
There are multiple DevOps tools to work upon, though you must always choose the best one. Some of the best tools to explore are:
What are the Job Responsibilities of a DevOps Engineer in an IT Company?
A DevOps Engineer handles a considerable responsibility in an organization, acting as a link between key departments and overlooking the software product delivery. Some of the vital day-to-day duties of such a professional are listed below.
- Interacting with customers and clients and figuring out their needs. Developing appropriate KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to achieve these.
- Facilitating proper communication between the Development team and the Operations team and ensuring that everyone is on a common table.
- Strengthening the infrastructure of product development and delivery.
- Reporting to upper management about latest advancements.
- Tracking the latest developments in the IT world and utilizing them in your projects.
- Finding bugs in a code and guiding the team to solve those issues.
- Optimizing processes to save on time and other important resources.
- Moving towards automating as many segments as possible.
- Implementing Cyber Security measures so that the product remains safe from cyber threats.
In addition to these, DevOps Engineers also check the changes in the mood of the customers and their experience with these products.
What are the Job Options After a DevOps Course?
DevOps is an emerging sector and offers various jobs at present. The table below lists some of the major job profiles after earning a DevOps certificate.
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Java Developer (DevOps)||₹6,38,000|
|AWS DevOps Engineer||₹7,22,000|
|Network DevOps SME||₹14,69,000|
|DevOps Infrastructure Engineer||₹9,49,000|
Candidates must note that DevOps is a very competitive industry, and there are a few candidates. Therefore, you should hone your skills perfectly so that you don’t miss the job opportunity.
Which are the Companies Recruiting DevOps Professionals?
Some of the best companies to work with as a DevOps Engineer are:
There are various other companies out there in addition to these.
So if you are also getting inclined towards DevOps and want to join this sector, go for a DevOps certificate course now. All the Best!!!