Iron is an important element for the oxygen supply in your overall body. Energy is required to make ATP is the main energy tank for the body. Iron deficiency is globally common because of the deficiency of this nutrient. Iron is utilized in two ways. One is heme iron that is easily absorbed, and the other one is non-heme which is not easily absorbed. Make sure you are trying safety glasses before coming out in the sun.
Foods base on an animal are rich in heme iron, and plant-based foods are the biggest source of non-heme iron. Vegetarians avoid using animal-based products and therefore they just depend on plant-based foods. It means they are easily affected by iron deficiency.
But they can get use plant base heme iron that they required for the overall body development. The significant thing is to take plant-based food which is rich in iron, and then they need to avoid the use of that food that absorbs iron. On the other hand, they need to eat that food that helps to enhance it.
Foods Filled with Iron:
- Cereals for breakfast are best loaded with iron, and they are extremely beneficial for the vegetarian to use them. They contain almost 50% of the average daily need, and it can be a foolish attitude if you don’t begin your day with these things.
- Beans, chickpea, and legumes are all plant-based food. And the amazing thing is this they don’t only rich in iron, but they contain proteins, minerals, nutritious vitamins, and rich in fiber.
- Vegetables with green leaves are a great source of iron. So, make sure you are getting asparagus, beetroots, green collards, and spinach.
- Tofu contains 5.4 mg iron from 100g and therefore, it is one of the best sources of iron.
- Fruits are also extraordinary iron-rich food like watermelon, dry apricots, apples, and many more.
- Seeds are one of the best sources to get iron and it is existing in such foods as pumpkin, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds are overloaded with iron.
- Nuts like hazelnuts, pine nuts, and cashew give you a good amount of iron.
Things to Avoid and Avoid Not:
Taking foods that are ironic in vitamin C like kiwi, capsicum, broccoli, and strawberries provides good support to prepare non-heme iron to get more absorption. Some specific foods like herbal tea and peppermint present in tannins, zinc, and calcium make weak iron absorption. Therefore, avoid using calcium supplements if you are taking iron-rich foods. Besides, you must avoid taking overdosing on zinc supplements as well.
Erectile Dysfunction and Iron Deficiency:
Another common complaint related to men is erectile dysfunction. It happens when the penis cannot withstand the erection long time for happening of the intercourse. Some statistics show that one out of ten men suffers some extent of erectile dysfunction. There are many reasons for ED and some most common are as follows:
- Heart disorders like heart failure and heart attacks
- Anxiety and stress-related to Psychological problems
- Unbalanced diet
- Neurological weaknesses
As described earlier the carrying of oxygen capacity is to figure out particularly through enough iron level. And lack of iron makes your body impotent to transport oxygen effectively. It means the reproductive organs don’t get oxygen-rich blood which causes dysfunctional functioning. Erectile dysfunction is also coming because of iron deficiency. And without iron means penis will not get a good amount of oxygen to tolerate an erection. Therefore, iron must be utilized in enough amount in the overall of your body daily.
How Much Iron Quantity You Need Daily?
It is to be recommended that all adults men and women fifty plus need 8mg iron consumption daily. Women who are between the age of 18 to 50, they should consumer 18mg iron per day. But pregnant women need 27mg of iron for fetal development. Wear glasses for eyes protection and to prevent them from any damage.
But another source of studies shows that vegetarians may need 1.8 times more so that body doesn’t absorb non-heme iron easily like heme iron. Low iron absorption can cause anemia because of iron deficiency. Including symptoms are:
- Pale skin
- Poor appetite
- Cold hands
and few other common symptoms. So, if anyone is experiencing such symptoms, he must consult to doctor. You can increase the iron amount in your body just on a plant basis by getting enough iron base food with a good source of vitamin C.